Max Spann Real Estate & Auction Co. is pleased to offer this estate comprised of three primary buildings and several outbuildings, including a glass greenhouse and a masonry smokehouse. The historic one-of-a kind estate home was designed by renowned architect Margret Spencer circa 1927. Margaret Fulton Spencer (1882-1966) was one of the First female practicing architects in the United States.
The main Estate Home has eight bedrooms and nine Bathrooms (5,425+/- SF); The Carriage House (2,592+/-SF) has a one bedroom Care-Takers Cottage, above the Multi-Purpose Media Room. Last but not least, the restored Post and Beam Barn (4,934+/-SF) designed by William Hunt in 1939. The “Barn” formerly known as the Ol’ Barn Inn houses four upscale guest Suites (2,692+/- SF) and a two bedroom owners quarters (2,242+/-SF) with a large outdoor deck ready for the hot-tub installation. Other outbuildings include the Chicken Coop, Alpaca Barn and Pasture and the Stone Apple Barn.
- Block 28, Lot 1.07
- 8.5+/- Acres
- Formerly known as “Chimney Hill Estate Inn” (opened in 1985, closed early 2018+/-)
- Overview: 12 Guest Rooms, 12 Guest Baths; has owner’s quarters. Total SF is 11,669+/-; Last Renovated in 2000
- Zoning: SRPD — Sourland Regional Planning District
- Utilities: Septic (3) and Private Wells (2), Electric, and Gas; Telephone and Cable TV
- Taxes 2018 $34,716+/-; 2017 $34,466.14+/-
- Business Description Note: This property was operated as a boutique Select Registry Inn with guest rooms , meeting rooms, intimate and tented weddings since July 1994. The property ceased operations in July 2018. Typical Room Revenue Averaged $400,000 to $450,000 annually; wedding revenue $150,000 to $300,000.
- Childhood home of Hollywood actress Kate French.
Offered at $1,900,000
Contact: Robert Dann | email@example.com | 908-735-9191 x29