The World Lays at Your Front Door - Spectacular Custom Built Georgian Brick Mansion
- Built in 1924 this stately residence was designed in the style of the Gilded Age mansions of Newport.
- The 11,000+/- sf residence features 5 bedrooms with 4 full bathrooms and 2 half-baths.
- A unique home well designed for entertaining friends with a grand foyer leading to the custom wood appointed ballroom with stylish coffered ceiling and incredible skyline views of New York City.
- There are five fireplaces throughout the home and tastefully accent the room in which they are located.
- The exquisite double staircase leads to the second floor with four bedrooms including the spacious master bedroom and ensuite bathroom with soaking tub.
- 2+/- Private acres of lovely English style lush garden for quiet reflection and meditation along the walking paths or for a playful afternoon entertaining family on the tiered stone patio by the cabana and in-ground pool.
- Enjoy the outdoors hiking at the South Mountain Reservation, exploring Turtle Back Zoo, or golfing at the numerous public and private golf course country clubs.
- Boutique shopping and world class dining are all close at hand in South Orange and neighboring Maplewood and Short Hills, plus close to The Short Hills and Livingston Malls.
- Convenient to New York City train station, Newark International Airport, and all major roadways: Routes 24, I-78, I-280, and Garden State Parkway
Tuesday, October 30th, 4-6 PM
Sunday, November 4th, 12-2 PM
Auction Date: November 18, 2018 at 1 PM
Auction and Property Location:
100 Blanchard Road
South Orange, Essex County, NJ 07079
TAKE THE NEXT STEP!
Click here to join the bidders club, then return to this page to download the property information package.
I, the undersigned, agree to the following terms and conditions, should I be the high bidder.
1. Auction Day Requirements: I hereby agree to sign the contract of sale immediately upon the conclusion of bidding. A 10% deposit of the contract price is required. All bidders must be pre-registered and are required to have a bank cashier's check in the amount of $30,000 made payable to yourself and endorsed to escrow holder after completion of auction. A second check, personal check, is required for the balance of a 10% deposit. NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE!.
2. I recognize that this is an Auction Sale and is not subject to an attorney review period. I will review the contract of sale prepared by Seller’s Counsel prior to the auction.
3. I have read the terms of this sale posted on the premises, printed on the sale brochures and said terms are incorporated herein by reference, as are any public announcements made sale day.
4. I agree to review the Property Information Packet prior to participating in Auction.
5. A Buyer’s Premium of 10% of the Bid Price will be added to the bid price and become the Final Contract Price. The successful high bidder will be required to sign a contract of sale immediately upon the conclusion of the auction. The property is guaranteed to sell at or above minimum bid of $575,000.
6. If any check given in payment is not honored for any reason, I agree, whether said check be signed by me as maker or endorser, that if such check is placed in the hands of any attorney for collection, to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees, together with all costs of suit in the event is instituted.
7. Bidder represents warrants and acknowledges that the property is being auctioned by Max Spann Real Estate & Auction Co. (“Spann”) in an "AS IS" and "WHERE IS" condition subject to all faults, and specifically and expressly without any warranties, representations or guarantees, either express or implied, of any kind, nature, or type whatsoever from Spann in its own capacity or as the agent, servant or employee of the seller of the property. Bidder further acknowledges that Spann has not made any independent investigation of the condition of the property or examined, verified or confirmed the validity of any information, documents, literature, maps or sketches, pro-forms, or any other written documents provided in the Property Information Packet.
Bidder and Bidder’s heirs, transferees, administrators, personal representatives, trustees, successors and assigns, forever waive, release, discharge and hold Spann harmless, from any claim it has, might have had, or may have against Spann with respect to:
a. The condition of the Premises, either patent or latent, of any nature whatsoever, including environmental contamination;
b. Buyer's ability or inability to obtain or maintain building permits, temporary or final certificates of occupancy or other licenses for the use or operation of the Premises, and/or certificates of compliance for the Premises;
c. The actual or potential income or profits to be derived from the Premises;
d. Any other state of facts which exist with respect to the Premises which at the time of closing were not the subject of actual knowledge on the part of Seller.